Saturday, December 24, 2005

End of 2005

2005 will come to an end in another 7 days.. So I tot why not recap 2005. So here goes my archive . ( December has not come to an end . But if something spicy happens in the last 7 days, I will surely append the list.)

  • Jan 2005 started strangely. The after effects of jaundice in December 2004 was continuing. Plus I got a strange cough infection called eosinophila.So I was technically sick the whole of Jan. My main objective last Jan was to help my sister with her board exams for the next 3 months it I did quite a lot of class 12 physics and chemistry had organized a class tour to Bangalore and ooty . And I skipped it. Thanks to my health and my appa.Instead we managed to catch up with Saarang and Odyssey quiz great fun. The biggest black mark last Jan was the way I flopped in the intra college programming contest.
  • Feb 2005 : I dont remember much. Ya. We planned a one day pilgrimage trip . One of those nice trips I have been to. The main agenda was to go to Koothanoor Saraswati kovil near Vishnupuram.I got to go to my Chitti's home in Vishnupuram . But alas .Had to return that evening itself.I did this small presentation about Bluetooth technology in college. (which was just average again ).Another college trip. But this time to Neyveli . One of those boring and horrible trips.
  • Mar 2005: This was a busy month. Class 12 board exams . It was as if I was going through it all over again. I really dont know how my sister put up with me and my hounding. Otherwise another uneventful month. One bright spot was that me and anu organized treasure hunt during the farewell. It was fun organizing.
  • Apr to Mid May:Study holidays and Semester exams nothing much to write. Last time I had prepared well for all exams . (i.e much better than current sem) And I had written all papers except Computer networks well. (The anti climax was that I got the highest in networks ; 90. Funny).My sister made a decent 83 % in her board exams.
  • Mid May to end of June:Another tension after the exams.Placements.Wasted most of May.Watched movies.Read some books.We had a KV gang reunion . It was our first reunion after 2000.Good fun.Went to Bangalore to my cousin's place for a week.Had fun. But also did some preparation was the first company on line. I was pretty confident about the quants and reasoning apart.But I was real scared about the verbal section. I mugged up some 500 words with great difficulty. I cleared the TCS exam and interview. It was quite a satisfaction. ( After the way I had flopped in my 12th and the entrance exams).Another KV gang meet up. More fun.

20th June 2005 marked the beginning of a new semester . The 7th semester. This was the most boring semester academically.( I am hoping that 8th sem would be better )

  • July: July was a special month.Had loads of fun.We ventured out almost every weekend.The best part was getting broad band. Now cant imagine life without it. College was also quite interesting.Lots of fights and misunderstandings pre symposium(our dept. Tech fest).End of July was gloomy and desolate. ( Owing to cycle tests and symposium sandai.)
  • August: This month was a mixed bag.Lots of Ups and downs of dispute. (which I dont want to elaborate here) .Things became better soon for me as the symposium approached on 29th Aug. I got to work for the debugging committee. Had a very nice time.I got to work with and make friends with a completely new set of ppl. I had known Sriram and Srinath before itself.Swaminathan,Divya,Saranya,Vivekanandan and Nachiketas were new to the gang.Did not attend any class. Was on OD for ever.Great fun !!!
  • Sep:Was a very very boring month. I am not able to recollect much. Had lots of classes. My windows had lots of problem.Scored horribily in all the cycle tests.
  • Oct:Again nothing much to say.Had another round of internal exams.And then study holidays blogging more seriously.
  • Nov and Dec : Technically the exams should have started on 17th Nov and should have ended on 8th Dec. But the exams got postponed over and over and over again. (Thank u Bazz,Fanooz and Mala).It is still going on.As per the latest revised schedule the last exam in on 2nd Jan 2006 !!! But I did have my share of fun. Was perennially on the net . Did some blogging.Made new friends in Orkut.

Apart from this 2005 was a year of natural calamities and miseries. Gave a feeling as if the world is going to come to an end soon.

Best of 2005 :Made lots of new friends;

Worst of 2005:Fought a lot with almost all those new friends.

Obituary:This year saw the death of many near and dear ones. Pattapa my mom's Grandpa, My great grand ma ( Kollu patti as we called her ) . The saddest was the demise of Arthi.M's dad. (This should not have happened) . And towards the end Kunju Chitti passed and Rada's Grand ma also passed away.

Pl tell me if I have by mistake omitted some important happenings.

I just hope that 2006 is atleast as good as 2005.

Wish you a very Happy new year.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice idea for a post. :-)

i shall borrow & implement da same new yrs eve. ;-)

Aravindan said...

Different try. tough to compile this.

seem to have a decent memory!

shiv said...

ha ha..intra college programmin...you lost to us na???
:-P

Sriram said...

hey nice one....damn good memory....

codeextracts said...

Hey nice post.

You indeed have a nice memory. Happy New Year. Have a sparkling new year ahead. :)

Maharaj Nilesh ki jai ho! said...

u remeber all these things!! my god mam'