Friday, September 08, 2006

When Dunston Checked in ...



Long long ago ... Not so long ago just one week long back..On a hot humid afternoon I decided to take one of my usual short nap before the four O clock class..After landing here in hostel a great chunck of time is spent on going home, coming back and deciding when to go home and when to be back and where to eat or sleep and so on...And the hostel room has given me complete freedom for my lethargic ultra extended sleeping habbits.Its almost become like an illegal license to sleep in the afternoons ( Mind You .. Not naps ... But "sleep").And Damn that guy who came up with the idea of "snooze" and "Recurrent Alarms" in cell phones.It never works .. atleast i never wake up...The art of Snoozing alarm from 4.00 to 6.30 am and then switching it off at 6.00 and finally waking up at 7.00 ..
Anyways .. So I was there sleeping.. As usual left the window open..Cos it gets too stuffy otherwise.But it was a disturbed sleep and suddenly I hear some paper crushing noise.I obviously abandon the noise subconsciously.Then more noise.On the window pane was a monkey..With my spectacles in some hand and the case in the other.It had managed to sit on the window pane..Open my zipped bag kept on a table alongside the window..pull out papers and spectacles ..
Obviously I got scared of it .. And did one of my dramatic , super noisely , screeching "yell"...Now it got scared obviously.And left everything else but got away with the spectacles and the case...

For my infrequent usage of glasses ... I had spent quite a fortune on it...Some anti glare plastic lens which some guy had marketed well to my dad..My dad felt that my profession involved using the computers primarily (ie chatting) it is advicable to use those high funda lens..Now in the monkey's hands.. Korangu kaila Poo malai madiri..

Now it was a run downstairs ..To hunt for my specs and find if it is one piece at all..I find a friend and both of us walk behind the hostel ...Into the bushes under the area just below my room to find a big monkey gang..We decided to come back with someone more experianced.Called the "akka" who generally sits in the hostel lobby and this time we walked over well equiped with a stick..To find my glass and the case strewn away ..But undamaged and unscratched... Thank God..



But there are still some misteries unsolved..Like the
mystery of vanishing "Good Day" packets ..
Mystery of vanishing "port wine Choc" But the wrapper thrown around..
Mystery of vanishing "face wash tubes"....

5 comments:

Vetty Max said...

Always close your windows and doors while sleeping during the day. The monkeys are especially active during the aftis.

aneem said...

Hi Harini!!

Had an opportunity to read ur blog,nicely coined.By the way, I'm Meena frm Vellore, u can visit my blogger site sumeen.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

hey !

funny one..

ps : im sorry.. but i cant think of anything more 2 say.. either for this blog or next one..

just like i have not been able 2 come up with a sensible blog in a long time , same case with comments !

attribute the non-comments 2 my sudden deficiency , nuthin 2 do wit ur blogs ! :D

Anonymous said...

nice story....

Aravindan said...

why damn that guy who invented snooze..according to me snooze is one of the most inventive concepts ever created by man!

afternoon nap..i bet u cant beat me in that! and mind u in afti naps..it does not matter whether it is in room or in class!!